Friday, December 22, 2017

Trump, the Tax Bill and Cryptos

What will the result be for Trump and the GOP now that they are changing the tax laws on crypto trading? Surely this isn't the end either as Gov can't help but to constantly interfere in our lives and destroy all innovation and demoralize their citizens.

Well for my part, it's this:

1) I will consolidate my holdings into BTC and LTC (likely others will as well which will drive prices sky-high and may kill the Alt market and ICO's By design? Is it easier to attack fewer or more cryptos?).

2) I will NEVER sell them. Ever! Not until the laws change or the dollar dies. Then I'll just spend them. I won't give them the tax revenue.

3) I will NOT be voting for Trump nor will, I suspect, any of his Millennial supporters who are involved in cryptos.

Action - Reaction

Read more here:

The Taxman Cometh: US, Russian Investors Face New Calls To Pay

Bitcoin traders face new tax obligations in the US and Russia as authorities keen to get a piece of the action begin ‘tweaking’ laws. As Fortune and others report today, a tax reform amendment Congress passed this week will oblige crypto-to-crypto handlers to pay tax on any gains.  The change in the status quo comes as a low-key change in legislation closes a loophole which previously allowed so-called “like kind exchanges” to occur tax-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment